Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I am amazed!


Today (Wednesday, October 19th) Jackson and I were making homemade laundry detergent and cooking lunch at the same time. Our microwave is above our stove and in order for Jackson to open the microwave he has to put his hand on the stove. Today since we had just made detergent, Jackson put his hand on a hot stove. Needless to say, he burned his finger tips and part of his palm. It was bad news! He cried and cried and screamed and I cried and cried right with him. I felt so bad and wanted to take it all away from him. I seem to burn myself a lot so I totally knew exactly how he felt! On top of him crying, it was time for Frazier to eat so he was crying too! I was able to get a show on for Jackson, began to feed Frazier and called Jonathan to help. Jonathan came home fast and was able to go to Walgreen's and get some medicine for Jackson's burn. During all this Jackson and I decided to pray. Once Jonathan got home Jackson said he didn't need the medicine because we had prayed. He said he had Jesus. It was really hard for me to argue with him about taking medicine when he tells me he has Jesus. I must admit my faith was small and I just wanted Jackson to take the medicine so that relief would come for him. Jackson's childlike faith in the Lord really amazes me and I am happy to report that within an hour or so he was back to normal. He still favors his fingers but he played with is friends, rode his bike and went to AWANA tonight! We serve a mighty God who is mighty to heal! I desire to be more like my 4 year old who believes when he prays!

1 comment:

Aurelia said...

This is such a sweet post. God is good, and you guys have raised such a sweet little boy. Miss you!