Sunday, June 21, 2009

Mother's Day and Father's Day

For Mother's Day Jonathan got me some Ice Java, which he had to get off ebay because they don't have it in stores anymore! He also got me some honey mustard from McAlister's. I know it might sound crazy but it is EXACTLY what I wanted!! He also got me a key chain with Jackson's picture on it. What a great Mother's Day!!




For Father's Day I got Jonathan stuff for playing tennis: new shorts, new tennis balls, a head band, and of course hot tamales. I also cooked him dinner and made him an ice cream cake. The ice cream cake was SO easy and worth trying. Below is a picture and the recipe.


8 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate, melted
4 cups crisped rice cereal
2 pints ice cream

-In a large bowl, combine the chocolate and cereal until the cereal is completely coated. Transfer to a 9-inch plan. Press the mixture into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of the pan. Freeze just until firm.
-Spread the ice cream in the prepared crust and freeze, covered, until firm, for a least 2 hours and up to 3 days.

I got the recipe from Real Simple.

No comments: