Wednesday, September 16, 2009

BCM...

It seems as if every moment of our life since last Wednesday has revolved around BCM and the craziness that is the first few weeks of the school year! It has been a lot of fun and great to be able to have Erin and Jackson right in the middle of it all.

Last Thursday was Jackson's 2nd birthday and I (Jonathan) was able to come home for a few hours to go to the park with Jackson and Erin, share supper together, and bake a cake for the boy. We had a great time. I then had to go back on campus for "Fusion" (a United Campus Ministries kick off worship service...I fell asleep). Friday was a fun evening of Pancake and 4-Square Fellowship at the BCM. Jackson was all over the place playing and meeting folks. He even grabbed a pair of scissors from my desk and as I wrestling them away from him, he clamped the scissors across the top of my thumb. He made me drip blood. I was quite proud of him. Saturday was a great family day and then an evening of Young Adult Sunday School Get Together. It was a load of fun and Jackson LOVED his time in the nursery with his new buddy, Ethan Hogg.

This week at the BCM was the week of firsts: First Journey, First Soul Food, First 56, and (my personal favorite event of the year), Church Road Trip (progressive dinner amongst 5 local churches). While I was leading that through the BCM, Erin and Jackson were at church setting up. Jackson made two new college buddies, Jurdon Thomas and Mark Whisenhunt. They played ball with him, loved on him, taught him to say "Rock-N-Roll." It was a great time and he LOVED them and HATED to bid them farewell.

So, that is about it. Erin left the camera at church, so no new photos at this point. Sorry.

24 hours later...Camera retrieved...photos now available!

No comments: